Spring 2021 Igbo Class (Non-Members)
Time & Location
About The Event
Basic Level Igbo Language Class.
Methodological presentation of the fundamental structure of language through hearing, speaking, reading, and writing Igbo. Introduction to the customs, culture, and institutions of the Igbo people. The instructor is an ABET-accredited instructor of Igbo Language at California State University, Los Angeles with over 25 years of education experience in teaching the Igbo language at the college level.
This payment only covers the Spring semester.
Basic Level: Every Saturday from May 8th, 2021 - June 26th, 2021
Intermediate Level: TBD
- Things Fall Apart
- Course reader (provided by Instructor)
- Handouts and other materials (provided by Instructor)
Basic Level Course Outline (Spring- May/June):
- Introduction to the Igbo Culture, Language and Traditions
- Igbo Alphabets (vowels and consonant sounds)
- Subject Pronouns
- Numbers- Discussion of Market Days and Calendar
- Verb Conjugations
Intermediate Level Course Outline (Fall- October/November):
- Possessive Pronouns
- Festivals and Celebrations
- Verbs (Igbo forms of verbs)
- Translating into English and Igbo
- Spring 2021 Igbo Class$40$400$0